One of the things about kids parties that takes the most organising is the party food. What do you give them? How much food do you buy? What about the fussy eaters?
Party food boxes are a great way to solve all these problems. This simple idea helps portion control (which means less food wasted) and helps you stick to your budget. Filling each box with the same treats will also minimise the chance of any arguments about who has what and will allow fussy eaters to just pick what they like from the selection.
This idea is not only great for kids parties, it’s a great way to cater for younger kids at a wedding or adult’s party where they may not eat other food that’s on offer.
Your first question is whether to give the kids hot or cold food? If you are throwing your event at home, it simply comes down to whether you want to pre-prep or make the food fresh. If you are throwing your party away from home, the easiest option is cold food. What you put into the boxes will also depend on the age of the partygoers but we have a few suggestions to get you started below.
If you are going to offer a choice of food, it may be a good idea to add a note to the invitation asking for a choice and if there are any dietary requirements. This helps avoid food waste and also stops any last minute panic when a child won’t eat anything.
Hot food suggestions:
- Chicken Nuggets
- Hot Dog
- Plain Sausage
- Mini party pizzas
- Sausage Rolls
- Mini Burgers
Cold food suggestions:
- Sandwiches (Cheese covers all bases, just in case you have any vegetarians but you could give each child one ham and one cheese)
- Small bag of crisps – (Mini Cheddars work well as do the smaller bags from supermarket multipacks.)
- Fruit – (Snacksize apple, grapes or a pack of raisins are perfect)
- Biscuit – (Small wrapped snack bars such as Penguins or KitKats work well)
- Cocktail sausages
- Sausage rolls
- You could buy a few bottles of pop or make some jugs of squash.
- Capri Sun
- Fruit Shoot
- Bottled water
Be inspired by our range of coloured and themed party food boxes, there’s one for every budget!