Kids will love creating this modern and unusual Easter bunny and it’s a great way to use up all those left over odds and ends in your craft boxes.
Get them thinking outside the box with this simple but visually effective craft idea. This is a great way to spark the kids imaginations and create something which is exclusively designed by them to keep or give as a gift.
What you need:
- Polystyrene body shapes
- Craft foam sheets
- Ribbon and bows
- Pom poms
- Silk Clay
- Paint supplies
- PVA glue
- Decoupage supplies
- Paint a polystyrene body shape with acrylic paint and leave to dry.
- Glue scraps of decoupage paper around the cone body using decoupage or PVA glue. Be as random as you like!
- Cut two bunny ear shapes from craft foam or card. Make two cuts on the head of the polystyrene body and insert the ears. You can fasten them with a little glue or push them in enough that they will stay put on their own.
- Add eyes and nose made from Silk Clay, card, craft foam or even pom poms!
- The finishing touch is a small bow tie, you could use old off cuts of ribbon or create a card or craft foam bow shape.
Polystyrene body shapes are available in a variety of sizes so kids could create their own unusual bunny family!
This craft idea is ideal for a classroom or playgroup activity letting kids explore colour, try different techniques, plan and create their own project.
Kids may also enjoy creating an unusual bunny at an Easter party and they get to take them home!
Be inspired by our other kids craft ideas here: